Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: XP Sound Porblem  (Read 914 times)

Offline twiggy

XP Sound Porblem
« on: November 16, 2003, 20:01 »
I just put some speakers on my pc and there is no sound, so i went in to the audio adjustment control panel and it wouldnt load i got this message.

"there are no active mixer devices available. to install mixer devices, go to control panel click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware."

what should i do i just cant get any sound not from a cd or windows pre-installed sound.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mark

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:XP Sound Porblem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 21:02 »
Do you know if you have a separate sound card, or onboard (your motherboard) sound, Mark?  Both would require drivers.  If your sound is incorporated in your motherboard, the sound drivers should be on the CD which came with it.  If you don't have a CD, you should be able to locate the sound drivers on the motherboard manufacturers website.  If you have a separate sound card, the same applies.  You should have a CD with the drivers on it.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 21:04 »
I found this page, which someone had the same problem, I don't know if it will help as am not techie but it looks good to me.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1064990576

worth a look anyway. hopefully someone more knowledgable will help soon  :)
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 21:12 »
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum