Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Home Cinema  (Read 37657 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:Home Cinema
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2003, 20:43 »
Phew!  That's a relief.  As Simon said, having to use max vol is a bit suspicious.  I know that optical cable is supposed to be the best type of connection and I've tried searching for more information but to no avail.

There is an enormous Home Theatre forum at:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/index.php
but when I asked a question they weren't all that friendly and I only got one reply.  A bit disappointing when they have over 4,000 members!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Home Cinema
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2003, 22:27 »
Well, as we discussed earlier, the Dolby Digital sound has a greater dynamic range than Pro Logic, so when you were watching DVDs on your TV, you would have only had the 'flatter' Pro Logic sound.  With Dolby Digital, you will notice that the quiet bits seem quieter, and the loud bits MUCH LOUDER!!!  With that in mind, I wouldn't advise having the amp at full volume, as you may even damage it or your speakers, if the sound volume suddenly increases during a movie.

That's the only explanation I can come up with for the lack of volume, but of course, there may be an underlying technical problem.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum