Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Help!! Data Recovery  (Read 2603 times)

Offline truman69

• New Registration
Help!! Data Recovery
« on: December 25, 2002, 15:15 »
I'm using windows 98, and delete the exiting user account from control panel, I add new user account and using the same user name. Afterward, my exiting data all disappear, I try to investigate in user profile folder but can't found any data in there. Anyone can help me to recover or any software can recover my data !!!:-[

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
Re:Help!! Data Recovery
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 15:28 »
Hi Truman69

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it useful, helpful and fun here ... please join in the banter and feel free to post away  :)

Right your little problem ... I'm not too sure about this myself. I would try doing a restore of the registry ... but I'm not sure that would solve your problem.

This might be something for someone with more experience (ie some experience) of using user profiles. I'll have a little look about for you and see if I can find something out
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 15:30 »
i'm afraid i dont know much about this either. the profile isnt in the recycle bin is it ??
that would be too easy.

???

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 15:45 »
I'm using W2K, I have not got Win 98 infortunately, well I'm not really clued up, but I should imagaine all your data is still there, just getting at it. Can you not go to >Control Panel/Users-Passwords and make the PC open to anybody. In the W2K version there is a box to check for either user password protected or open to all. If you make it open to all, that will allow you to view any data on the PC I would have thought.

Anyway do not fear there are some clued up people on this forum, it's just Xmas day is the worst time wish for a responce, one will be along shortly.

Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 16:24 »
Hi Truman,have a look here and see if theres any data available to you  C:WINDOWSUserData
I did a file and folder search for User and it lead me here.There isnt anything in mine as I never set any user profile data in as there is only me who uses this PC.
Hope this helps  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2002, 16:45 »
Sorry I may have misunderstood what you want to recover? Is it user profile data or other data that you have lost  ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2002, 17:12 »
Hi Truman - Welcome to the forum, and Happy Christmas!

I've has a quick look on Google and can't find anything that might help, I'm afraid, apart from professional data recovery services, which all cost money!  Have you checked out the Microsoft Knowledge Database?  There could be something useful somewhere in there.

I'm sure someone will come up with an answer for you soon!   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum