Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: XP Problems  (Read 4363 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Re:XP Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2002, 18:32 »
;D ;D ;D.. Well since I have deleted ZA and installed Outpost, I am most impressed with outpost ;D seems like the dogs B***** to me.

I have had no more Xs on the pc trouble shooter page and at this moment in time is all running swimmingly  8).

As for the Nero?? prob and DVD/CD they are set as master and slave and doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment.

Many thanks for everybody's input.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Hook

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2002, 18:35 »
Glad you got it sorted Hook.  I liked Outpost as well - it does lots more than ZA, is less conspicuous, has a built in pop up and banner ad stopper, and it's free!!  What more could be asked?   ;D ;D

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2002, 20:02 »

What more could be asked?   ;D ;D

Weeeeell, just one tiny little thing ::)

The free version of Outpost doesn't work with Internet Connection Sharing. So, if like me, you have more than one PC sharing your Internet connection over a network, you'll need to use something else.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2002, 20:07 »
Some people are just never satisfied!!   ;D ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline bat69

• Loyal Member
    • http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbat69/
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 20:29 »
I'll have to stick with ZA then, as I intend to be connected to another copmputer  :-";"xx
url=http://www.pc-pals.com/userpics/bat69bc.swf]Flash[/url]

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2002, 22:46 »
Internet connection sharing!! I have just read somewhere deep in the outlook help files somewhere that you can set up a home system so that it can..

"About Settings for a Home or Office Network
A fundamental difference between a local area network (LAN) and the Internet is the level of trust you can have in each. A LAN used in the home or an office is generally comprised of "friendly" computers, computers belonging to or operated by other family members or fellow workers. Outpost Firewall supports a one click configuration to allow all network activity for trusted home or work place computers"

It is recommended that you use the following Outpost Firewall options to enable access other computers in a Home or Office Network:

NetBIOS Communications is recommended if you wish to allow only files and printer sharing

Havn't read much more.. keep getting distracted

Cheers, Hook.. please correct me if I'm wrong

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum