Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
The Buzz / Re: Shane MacGowan: Pogues singer dies aged 65
« Last post by Den on December 01, 2023, 21:08 »
It's the Christmas song that I hate the most.  :facepalm:
Broadband, Networking, PC Security, Internet & ISPs / Re: Changed Provider
« Last post by Simon on December 01, 2023, 20:16 »
It's a shame you had to leave IDNet, but understandable if they can't provide a service to your property. 
Broadband, Networking, PC Security, Internet & ISPs / Changed Provider
« Last post by Clive on December 01, 2023, 19:35 »
A local broadband company called Ogi came into the building a few months ago to install super fast FTTP to all the properties.  I decided to take up their offer of 150Mb/s for £15 a month for the first two years after which it will double.  Keeping my landline number on VoIP adds another £10 per month but it works well.  I'm sad to leave IDNet but they cannot provide the service I want  and have no plans to do so in the future.  Anyway, the procedure was very straightforward - unlike connecting my new Canon printer to the internet!
« Last post by Clive on December 01, 2023, 08:46 »
Apparently he's gone up 20 places in this week's charts and is expected to be No.1 next week.
« Last post by Simon on November 30, 2023, 17:38 »
Well, we know what will be the Christmas No 1 now.  His timing was impeccable!
« Last post by Clive on November 30, 2023, 16:04 »
I wasn't into punk but  Fairytale of New York was a great song.   :rip:
The Buzz / Shane MacGowan: Pogues singer dies aged 65
« Last post by Simon on November 30, 2023, 12:54 »
Singer-songwriter and The Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan has died aged 65, following ill-health and a recent hospital stay after being diagnosed with encephalitis.

The musician, whose hits include 1987's Fairytale of New York and A Pair of Brown Eyes, had been unwell for some time.

MacGowan also had well-documented problems with drugs and alcohol.

His wife Victoria Mary Clarke said MacGowan "meant the world to me".

Posting on Instagram, she wrote: "I don't know how to say this so I am just going to say it. Shane... has gone to be with Jesus and Mary and his beautiful mother Therese."

She said MacGowan "will always be the light that I hold before me and the measure of my dreams and the love of my life and the most beautiful soul and beautiful angel and the sun and the moon and the start and end of everything that I hold dear".

A statement from MacGowan's spokesperson confirmed he "died peacefully at 3.30am this morning (30 November) with his wife and and sister by his side".

"Prayers and the last rites were read during his passing," he added.

On 22 November, Clarke said he had left hospital, and just a few days later she said they celebrated their wedding anniversary, and were grateful they were "still alive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67546785
Sports & Games / Re: Terry Venables: Former England manager dies
« Last post by Clive on November 27, 2023, 08:29 »
 :rip: 
Sports & Games / Terry Venables: Former England manager dies
« Last post by Simon on November 26, 2023, 15:27 »
Former England manager Terry Venables has died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

Venables managed England from 1994 to 1996, most notably leading them to the semi-finals of Euro 96 on home soil.

He also had spells in charge of Barcelona, Tottenham and Australia.

"We are totally devastated by the loss of a wonderful husband and father who passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness," read a family statement.

"We would ask that privacy be given at this incredibly sad time to allow us to mourn the loss of this lovely man who we were so lucky to have had in our lives."

Venables won La Liga and reached the European Cup final with Barcelona, and won the FA Cup with Tottenham.

As a player, he won two England caps and made more than 500 club appearances between 1960 and 1975, largely for Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67536465
The Laughter Zone / Re: Welcome aboard.
« Last post by Simon on November 18, 2023, 10:50 »
:laugh:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10