Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
The Buzz / Re: Shane MacGowan: Pogues singer dies aged 65
« Last post by Clive on November 30, 2023, 16:04 »
I wasn't into punk but  Fairytale of New York was a great song.   :rip:
The Buzz / Shane MacGowan: Pogues singer dies aged 65
« Last post by Simon on November 30, 2023, 12:54 »
Singer-songwriter and The Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan has died aged 65, following ill-health and a recent hospital stay after being diagnosed with encephalitis.

The musician, whose hits include 1987's Fairytale of New York and A Pair of Brown Eyes, had been unwell for some time.

MacGowan also had well-documented problems with drugs and alcohol.

His wife Victoria Mary Clarke said MacGowan "meant the world to me".

Posting on Instagram, she wrote: "I don't know how to say this so I am just going to say it. Shane... has gone to be with Jesus and Mary and his beautiful mother Therese."

She said MacGowan "will always be the light that I hold before me and the measure of my dreams and the love of my life and the most beautiful soul and beautiful angel and the sun and the moon and the start and end of everything that I hold dear".

A statement from MacGowan's spokesperson confirmed he "died peacefully at 3.30am this morning (30 November) with his wife and and sister by his side".

"Prayers and the last rites were read during his passing," he added.

On 22 November, Clarke said he had left hospital, and just a few days later she said they celebrated their wedding anniversary, and were grateful they were "still alive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67546785
Sports & Games / Re: Terry Venables: Former England manager dies
« Last post by Clive on November 27, 2023, 08:29 »
 :rip: 
Sports & Games / Terry Venables: Former England manager dies
« Last post by Simon on November 26, 2023, 15:27 »
Former England manager Terry Venables has died at the age of 80 after a long illness.

Venables managed England from 1994 to 1996, most notably leading them to the semi-finals of Euro 96 on home soil.

He also had spells in charge of Barcelona, Tottenham and Australia.

"We are totally devastated by the loss of a wonderful husband and father who passed away peacefully yesterday after a long illness," read a family statement.

"We would ask that privacy be given at this incredibly sad time to allow us to mourn the loss of this lovely man who we were so lucky to have had in our lives."

Venables won La Liga and reached the European Cup final with Barcelona, and won the FA Cup with Tottenham.

As a player, he won two England caps and made more than 500 club appearances between 1960 and 1975, largely for Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and Tottenham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67536465
The Laughter Zone / Re: Welcome aboard.
« Last post by Simon on November 18, 2023, 10:50 »
:laugh:
The Laughter Zone / Re: Welcome aboard.
« Last post by Clive on November 18, 2023, 09:49 »
 :pmsl:
The Laughter Zone / Welcome aboard.
« Last post by Den on November 18, 2023, 08:34 »
A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman boarding the plane.

He soon realized She was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took the seat right beside his:

Eager to strike up a conversation he blurted out. "Business trip or pleasure?"

She turned, smiled and said. "Business. I’m going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Boston."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen Sitting next to him and she was going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs!

Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked. “What’s your Business at this convention?"

“Lecturer." She responded. "I use information that I have learned from my Personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality."

“Really?” He said. “And what kind of myths are there?”

“Well.” She explained. “One popular myth is that African-American men are The most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait.

Another popular myth is That Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is men of Mexican Descent who are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with Absolutely the best stamina is the

Southern Redneck."

Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed..

"I’m Sorry." She said, “I shouldn't really be discussing all of this with you. I don’t even know your name."

"Tonto." The man said. "Tonto Gonzales, but my friends call me Bubba." ...........   :devil:
The Buzz / Re: RIP Matthew Perry
« Last post by Clive on November 13, 2023, 20:47 »
I really loved the series and watched every episode.  RIP Matthew Perry.
The Laughter Zone / Re: Three Boys Go Into A Haunted House
« Last post by Clive on November 13, 2023, 20:45 »
 :groan:
The Laughter Zone / Re: Three Boys Go Into A Haunted House
« Last post by Simon on November 02, 2023, 21:02 »
:aarrgh:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]