Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Web Browser THE BEST ?  (Read 88931 times)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Re:Web Browser THE BEST ?
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2003, 19:19 »
Yes I did get that version ........ I was on a few sites ...... I will be going back over them so I'll see if it happens again.

Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2003, 19:19 »

By the way Lona, I like your new Photo, is it your Sister    

Is that supposed to be a compliment Tony. :D ::)

Of course it was "Hen" :) and such a young thing like you   worrying over an icons appeareance ::) I bet if it was a white outlined M on a grey background it would not be an issue, right ?

As for the plugins, I had to download Macromedia Flash [I think] for the PC-Pals sigs to be shown. But like Simon says, you only dwnload em once, if you uninstall Mozilla, and then reinstall it, there is no need to download the plugins again. If you do decide to uninstall it, leave the Mozilla folder, it is doing no harm, plus if you reinstall, your settings for Mozilla, like imported IE: favourites folders, and personal tool bar settings,  will already be set up. How do I know, because in my ignorance I uninstalled it, but luckly went back to it.

Tell you what, you know the row of vertical P icon's on the home page, left hand side, well since I loaded EI:6 they just show as X's, if I use IE:6, but I dont, so no prob.  

Download the plugins and the mouse gestures, it's not visiting the dentist you know. your starting to behave like an old person now.  
   :o  ;)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2003, 19:34 »
I run with IE:6 open all day Simon, as well as using Mozilla , there is not conflict if you run the two together, least ways not with me.

Mich,

never mind the "Modern" skin ;D download "Nautipolis 1.4" or give "Lo-Fi" a go, mind there are loads to pick from, they are very small downloads.

Let us know how you go on with it, but I have never had a moments bother with it, mind you I'm using a proper O/S.......W2K Pro. I bet your using that "Bag O Sh*t"  Win 98 or it's variant Millenium  ::)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2003, 20:00 »
I'm afraid that this thread goes beyond my thread last time. I think I still have the record number of viewing and posting, plus the pages number. But seeing this here now, I'm really worry.   >:(   :'(   :brick:   ;)  ;)  ;)
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2003, 20:09 »
Yes, Tony, I occasionally run both browsers together, without any problem.  I was just stabbing in the dark to try to get to the source of Michelle's crash, but I think it was probably just one of those things that can happen with any program.
If you do decide to uninstall it, leave the Mozilla folder, it is doing no harm, plus if you reinstall, your settings for Mozilla, like imported IE: favourites folders, and personal tool bar settings,  will already be set up. How do I know, because in my ignorance I uninstalled it, but luckly went back to it.

That stuff is kept in a hidden Application Data folder, Tony, somewhere in My Documents.  I know, because when I upgraded to Moz 1.4 from 1.3, I had to remove the Mozilla.org folder in C:\Program Files, for 1.4 to install, but it still kept all my settings.   ;)

Hey Joudi!  Just noticed you in here - don't run away!  Tell us, have you tried Mozilla yet?

;D ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2003, 20:22 »
Tell us, have you tried Mozilla yet?

Are you sure you're not on commission? ;D

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2003, 20:27 »

Tell us, have you tried Mozilla yet?

Are you sure you're not on commission? ;D

He must be !! :lol:

Anyway I wasn't running IE at the same time simon but I did earlier to see if I could but I had closed that.  I don't think I even had anything else running except maybe outlook was open. But it had been fine for hours.

And tony yes I am using ME

;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2003, 20:36 »
Well, it was probably a one off Michelle.  Stick with it!   ;) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2003, 20:44 »
oh I will simon  ;D   I think it had something to do with the fact I was shortly after cut off.

And I'll say how good it is if you promise me a cut !

8)

Adept

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2003, 20:48 »
What he really meant to say ...

Well, I don't really care as long as you use it Michelle.  Stick with it and I'll get lots of cash!   ;) ;D

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2003, 20:55 »
:pmsl:

Yes if you read between the lines  ;D

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2003, 21:07 »
Quote from: Tony [br /

never mind the "Modern" skin ;D download "Nautipolis 1.4" or give "Lo-Fi" a go, mind there are loads to pick from, they are very small downloads.

I was using modern I've not got Orbit 3+1 its nice and its got rid of that annoying red thing that kept changing in the top right hand corner lol

:P

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2003, 21:44 »
This just means that by default, Mozilla will open the file.  If you want to change it, just right click the file, select 'Open with...', then 'Choose Program'.  You can then select the program you want to open that file with, and if you tick the box, it will open all files of that type with your chosen program in future.

Since uninstalling mozilla my jpg files won't open anywhere but windows imaging. They no longer recognise my photo software and come up with invalid file format. :brick:
Sorry Simon, not my bag, I want a brouser that just works without interfering with my other files. It was OK but not worth all the bother it produces in other areas. :(
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2003, 22:12 »
Oh well, you can't win them all!   ;)  Sorry your files got messed up, Lona.  It's probably just a file association issue.  Have you tried the method I suggested?  If that doesn't work, re-installing your photo software should do the trick, as it should re-associate the files.  

Psst...Tony!  One got away!   ;D ;D

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2003, 23:10 »

Psst...Tony!  One got away!   ;D ;D

I not suprised really, as the older models are usually crap at reversing as well.  ;D :P

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum