Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Log In Problems  (Read 20215 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« on: June 02, 2005, 16:29 »
If anyone is having problems with loging in since we have moved then please follow the steps for a forgotten password. If that does not work then please contact us at: admin@pc-pals.com or contact me at krioma@gmail.com (if all else fails!)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Dogsbody

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 20:14 »
Don't know whether this will help anybody but when I had trouble looging in I went to profile and put my pass word in there and it let me straight in.........
and I must say it looks v good here tooooooo  :laugh:

Whoops even logging in :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 20:46 »
Quote from: "Dogsbody"
Don't know whether this will help anybody but when I had trouble looging in I went to profile and put my pass word in there and it let me straight in.........

Hi DB, nice to see you again!  :thumb:

I'm not sure you can actually get into your profile without first logging in - are you sure that's what you did?  :?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Dogsbody

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 21:37 »
Quote from: "Simon"
Quote from: "Dogsbody"

Hi DB, nice to see you again!  :thumb:

I'm not sure you can actually get into your profile without first logging in - are you sure that's what you did?  :?

Well I thought thats what I did but tried to get in again and it the man he say no, so had to go the forgotten passw ord route but I'm in now and back after moving house decorating gardening,building,carpetting and all the other jobs that take you away from proper life. Thanks for the welcome  :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 21:46 »
Yeah, we've had a few problems with some people's passwords, but some have been fine, and logged in straight away.  At least you're here now!  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 23:03 »
I have opera browser it wont log me on

my avant browser logs me on but wont allow me to change anything

My firefox cant find the site
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 23:12 »
Hi Davy, have you tried clearing the cache and cookies in all your browsers?  You'll also need to set any browser you wish to use with PC Pals to accept the cookie, in order to stay logged in.

Let us know if you've done that, and are still having problems.  :)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 00:27 »
Sometimes it recognises my log-in details, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm bewildered (as ever).  By the way, I like the new layout :D .

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 00:32 »
as an interesting test could you follow the password forgotten bit for me, you should get a password reset link and a new password (you can change back afterwards). This should solve any problems, if not just say.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 01:20 »
Quote from: "sam"
as an interesting test could you follow the password forgotten bit for me, you should get a password reset link and a new password (you can change back afterwards). This should solve any problems, if not just say.

I tried the forgot password 3 times the third time it worked

the other 2 times didnt
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 01:23 »
thanks davy, seems like we are having a few problems with this part of the site (its probably related to the mail server changes).
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 01:29 »
thanks davy, seems like we are having a few problems with this part of the site (its probably related to the mail server changes).

thanks for the help sam

anytime you upgrade a forum it has a few bugs but its always worth the wait

All my browsers are logging on now
Dave

Albert Camus

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 01:31 »
excellent news davy - glad you have it all working.

anytime you upgrade a forum it has a few bugs but its always wort the wait

and those few bugs dont manifest themselves till you go live! damn things... i think we need to put some virtual ant powder down! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 02:08 »
excellent news davy - glad you have it all working.

anytime you upgrade a forum it has a few bugs but its always wort the wait

and those few bugs dont manifest themselves till you go live! damn things... i think we need to put some virtual ant powder down! :-)

Somewhere i saw some virtual DDT but the govt would probably close you down for using it lol
Dave

Albert Camus

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 00:52 »
the only way I can log in is if I click on memberlist.

I can't logon using my password. :?:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum