Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: NAV updates  (Read 1244 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
NAV updates
« on: February 13, 2004, 10:33 »
got advised via a pop up box generated by norton to update my virus definitions which is strange as i have it set to automatically update without asking.  i couldnt download any updates, told to make sure i was connected to the internet...grrrr

then i checked the date of the last successful update, this was 31st january.  anybody else with norton having trouble updating recently or is it just me   :'(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:NAV updates
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 11:24 »
I ran Spybot late last night Dave and deleted a few bits and after I rebooted Norton wouldnt work properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled it.
It ran its updates after installing and then had a red cross against Virus Definitions, it also said one update was unable to install and had only updated to Jan 16th.
I had to reboot again and it updated again still with a red cross although it updated a few other bits  :o
After the 3rb reboot it did eventually get the definitions up to date so maybe the Norton site had a prblem with the latest updates  ???
I am used to having to reboot and it downloading updates in a few goes after installing Norton but I have never seen a red cross or the unable to install an update message like that before  ???

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 11:30 »
We all know why you ran Spybot Sandra.   :baad:
Can't say I have had any problems with Norton's updates.  I've had several in recent days.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 11:34 »
I hadnt had any either until last night Clive, in fact it had updated on the 11th on both my pcs, using the automatic updates as normal  ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 12:15 »
No problems here.  Like Clive's, mine has updated several times over the last week or so.

Dave, without wishing to state the bleeding obvious, have you checked to see if your subscription is up to date?   :-\
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 13:46 »
got nearly half a year left on it.  ;D  you're right though simon, the obvious answer is usually the last one to get thought of.

anyway thanks for the input people.  i'll try and bully it into submission tonight.

Dave, without wishing to state the bleeding obvious, have you checked to see if your subscription is up to date?   :-\

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 19:03 »
As an update (ha ha ha) i've just upgraded ZA to the latest freebie version.  didnt do the clean install option as i liked the settings i had, but when i checked the permissions i found that they had changed and the live update engine was blocked (presumably this was the case on the previous version as well).  strangely i couldnt seem get into this list before the upgrade.  anyway i've now managed to get my updates so thanks guys and a big  :-* to sandra for her email advice.   :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum