Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: incorporating .htaccess  (Read 2399 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
incorporating .htaccess
« on: February 22, 2004, 20:33 »
Hi

As some of you may be aware I have a site that I put family photos / videos etc onto.  I have set this site to restricted access with the .htaccess and .htpasswd method.

What I need to know is there a way of incorporating this password method into a page in the form of an input form.

At the moment a pop-up appears when they enter the URL, but I'd like a more user-frindly input form on a webpage instead.

Also anyone know of a good source for free css sheets for web design?

Does anyone know how - or even anyone know what I'm going on about  :P

DJ

Adept

Re:incorporating .htaccess
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 07:19 »

What I need to know is there a way of incorporating this password method into a page in the form of an input form.

So what you want is to have username and password boxes on your webpage to allow login rather than the popup dialog box that you get now.

I'm sure it is possible to do it that way DJ, but I've not actually done it myself. It will need a script of some kind. Have you Googled for "password script"?

Also anyone know of a good source for free css sheets for web design?

I often go to Open Source Web Design. Can't say I download many of the templates though - they are all a bit "modern" for my tastes ;D ;D

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Re:incorporating .htaccess
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 11:09 »
:thanks: Adept.

Those web templates look great - will have a play about with them later.  I currently have a totally html site, but looking to change it to CSS so I can manage it more easily.

I Googled for "password script .htaccess" and would you know it  ::) the following page popped up...

http://www.hostroute.com/script_htaccess.html

Sadly it no longer works due to security updates from microsoft  >:( , so the search goes on.

Thanks Again adept

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum