Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Paint shop pro 8  (Read 625 times)

Offline jon996

Paint shop pro 8
« on: February 23, 2004, 18:21 »
hi all,

im having a problem with psp8. i want to cut out this picture of a car, perfectly rite round all the edges perfectly resize it and put it in another picture. does any one no how to do this?????

thanks

>>jon 8)
rive it like you stole it!

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
Re:Paint shop pro 8
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 18:48 »
Hi Jon
i use PSP7 but 8 should be similar

Selection Tools

You can create a selection by enclosing an area of the image, by selecting specific colors, or by pasting the contents of the clipboard as a selection. Paint Shop Pro provides three tools for creating selections:

·   The Selection tool, which makes a selection of a specific shape,

·   The Freehand tool, which makes a selection of an irregular shape, and

·   The Magic Wand tool, which makes a selection of a range of color, hue, or brightness.

Creating a Selection

To create a selection:

1   Activate a selection tool by clicking its button on the Tool palette.
2   Select its options on the Tool Options palette.
3   Create the selection in the image.

If the car is all one colour, I would use the magic wand to  select the car, but if that doesnt do it you can use the freehand tool and keep clicking all the way carefully around it and its has a smart find that will stick pretty well to the lines.

Once you've selected it you and just copy and paste it to a new image and then resize it to what you want before putting it into another image as a layer. But make sure the layer is transparent so it only shows the car over the picture you want it in.
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Offline jon996

Re:Paint shop pro 8
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 16:21 »
cheers GK :thanks: basically sorted now!! :D
rive it like you stole it!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum