Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Argh! help!  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Whiskas

• Loyal Member
Argh! help!
« on: February 23, 2004, 20:27 »
I just did a virus check on AVG and I have a Trojan Horsedropper called Yabinder C. AVG detected it but didnt do anything else. I cant figure out how to get it in my virus vault. I tried to use my unistaller to delete the file but I cant find it in there and i dont want to just delete in case I get rid of other things that I need too. What can i do?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Argh! help!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 20:53 »
Hi Whiskas, long time no see  :)

I cant find anything about removing that particular trojan in Symantec or Grisoft   :(

Have you updated AVG before you ran your scan, if not check for updates and rescan.
Also try running adaware as well, get back to us and let us know how you got on  :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:Argh! help!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 23:45 »
Hi Whiskas.  Haven't seen you for ages, but you don't look a day older than last time I saw you.  ;)

You might want to have a look on the tds website.  I had some trouble a couple of years ago with  the Optix Pro trojan, and  was ready to format until I found this site.  The software, which I assume is still free, not only detected it, but removed every trace of it, which in itself was remarkable as the Optix trojan not only shuts down  practically all security programs (AV, Firewall etc.) but scans your system every few seconds, rendering them unusable.  I don't know if it will cure your particular problem, but there is a user forum that will be of help if necessary.

Hope this helps.

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=home

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum