Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: 3d hardware problem  (Read 2517 times)

Offline gibbo922

3d hardware problem
« on: February 28, 2004, 09:29 »
my 3d hardware wont work which means i cant play some of my games please help its doing my head in :'(
ibbo

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:3d hardware problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 10:31 »
Hi Gibbo, and  

You'll have to give us some more information before someone can help you.   ;)

1. Which Operating System are you using?  (XP, ME, Win9X?)

2. Do you know which graphics card you have?

3. Have you got the latest drivers for it?

4. What are the symptoms of the problem?  Do you get any error messages?  Is it only a problem with some games and not others?

5. Have you got the latest version of DirextX, compatible with your graphics card?  I think the latest version is 9, but not all graphics cards are compatible.

If you can give us some of the above info, I'm sure one of our techies will be able to help you.  

:)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 11:31 »
Gibbo has replied in a PM, which I am copying here:
i have windows xp my computer is only 6 months old i assume my computer has the right drivers my games worked b4 until i formatted it i try to play champ man 4 but it says cant open in full screen mode error 0x000d i formatted computer with windows xp disc i also lost sound but managed to recover that i have reinstalled direct x i tryed to play trickshot but it says i do not have 3d hardware but i played it b4 formatting
 >:(

my model is imedia by packard bell i have 1 year warranty do u think i should ring up and get em to come out and sort it and i dont know what graphics card i have but it should play all games it did b4
cheers 4 your help any more would be very appreciated

I'm not quite sure what the poll is for!   :-\ ;) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 11:37 »
OK, I don't know what your reasons were for formatting, but you probably need to install the drivers again for the graphics card, and that should get things up and running again.  You should hopefully have a drivers CD which came with the PC.  This should include the drivers for your graphics card.  If you want to know what the graphics card is, right click an empty space on your desktop, and choose Properties > Settings, and it will tell you on that screen which graphics card you have installed.  If you don't have a drivers CD, tell us what the graphics card is, and we should be able to find the drivers for you on the web.

Hope that helps.   :)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 11:53 »
Ok if you go to: Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Infomation then click the + on components on the left hand side then click on display and that will tell you what Graphics card you have.. :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 12:02 »
Never mind the grapihcs card, he should be out running errands for old people like me and Clive.

Anyway first things first, lets get this poll sorted out, it's my democratic right to vote !!!!!! But there are no choices.

Sorry what was I thinking of, that's how elections really work. There are not ment to be real choices, just the illusion of choice.......so forget my last request..........Anybody going past the Chemists today....my tablets are running low  
 ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 12:08 »
I have a strange feeling Gibbo has yet to familiarise himself with the forum software, Tony.    ;)

Offline gibbo922

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 15:23 »
went to find graphics card went onto system info and display but nothiong was there all i could find was sis accelerated graphics port oxDDE00000-0xdfefffff :-\ so dont know how to find it also went on to propieties and settings but nowt there apart from 32 bit or below and screen size
ibbo

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 15:41 »
I think that your graphics card is an onboard one as some of the Imedia use 64MB Shared SiS 651GX according to the Packard Bell site.
If you run the motherboard cd that came with your PC then that should install the drivers for it  :)

Offline gibbo922

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 15:43 »
have got no cds any website i can download drivers from PLEASE
ibbo

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 15:50 »
These should be the correct, latest drivers for your onboard graphics Gibbo  :)

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=6931520000&PibItemParent=platform_clipper_imediasl#show

Make sure that your system restore is enabled before installing the drivers as a precaution  ;)

Offline gibbo922

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2004, 18:59 »
hi :(still no success it says i am using a generic video driver please install video driver could this have anything to do with it and where can i download one from thanks for ure help  :)
ibbo

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 01:31 »
Are you saying you got no CDs at all with the computer, Gibbo?  That would be most unusual.  Have you not even got a Restore CD?  Sometimes the drivers are on them.  How did you format and re-install XP?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 01:38 »
Did you not download the driver from the Packard Bell site ?
That shouldnt be a generic one as its for the one on your mobo  ???

Offline gibbo922

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 08:01 »
i downloadad it but it still says i have generic one and to download video driver do u think i should just contact packard bell and get them to sort it
ibbo

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum