Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Re: My Details ??  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Re: My Details ??
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2004, 18:00 »
Oh looks like I need a Plug in   ::)

oooh but which ones? pop and hotmail?
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2004, 18:45 »
You need a plug in for it to check your Hotmail account.  When you say it launched IM (Incredimail), that's what it's supposed to do, if that is your default e-mail client.  You probably need to go through the Options menus, and make sure it's ticked to check for new mail on start up, and to check every so many minutes.  It should only launch IM when you tell it to by pressing the Run e-mail client button.

Hope that helps.   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2004, 21:13 »
hmmmm yes it does that Simon, but it doesn't get any of my mail in that little box. Is that where I am supposed to check it? Yes I had it checking email but it didn't lol I had email in there but it didn't tell me I did.  ....... My ntl account doesn't like just pop3 I think its popsomething lol oh I dunno do I - am I brunette ........ well offically yes!   >:( ;D :-\

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2004, 22:52 »
Sorry Michelle, but you've lost me completely!  :o
hmmmm yes it does that Simon, but it doesn't get any of my mail in that little box.

To which 'little box' are we referring?  You need to set up the accounts like you would any other e-mail client, with POP server details, user name, password, etc.  I can't understand why it wouldn't work if these are set up correctly.  Is your NTL account not POP3?  I think you said you used to use Mailwasher - how did you set it up with that?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2004, 12:45 »
Sorry Simon, :lol:  

Its not set up correctly - I will have another look at it today.

I never did install mailwasher.  8)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum