Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: incredimail animation  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
incredimail animation
« on: January 02, 2003, 16:39 »
I have an animation in incredimail which I imported and would like to copy it to use elsewhere. How do I transfer it as an animation file to another folder? ???
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:incredimail animation
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 16:46 »
Where did you Import it from, Lona?  I was just wondering if you could Import another one, but instead of saving it in IncrediMail, save it somwehere else?   ???

If it's an actual IncrediMail produced animation, I think you'll have trouble, as they don't seem to want to be used anywhere apart from in IM.  I've tried myself, without success!   :(
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 16:51 »
I can't remember where I actually got it from. I know it was via the incredimail site but not one of their regular ones. I had to alter it if I recall before importing it into incredimail. I will send you an e-mail with the animation and you might be able to do something with it. I just love this one and was going to use it for a signature design. :)

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 16:53 »
OK fire away!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 17:06 »
I just tried to copy one without success. I even went into the Incredimail folder and have found where the animations are but they are stored as   .imi files in this location on my PC and probably yours too (Simon and Lona)

C:Program FilesIncrediMailDataImage

I think you will need to find a program that will associate with .imi files to be able to open it with then save as a .gif  :-*

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 17:14 »
Well, I managed to right click on Lona's image and save it to my Desktop, and it saved as a .gif.  I've sent it back to her, so hopefully she can do what she wants to do with it.  The trouble is, it was opeining in PSP, and I couldn't actually get it to animate, but there's obviously a way!  Thought you might be able to help there, Sandra!

By the way, I'll look at that other thing later - remind me if I don't come back to you this evening!   ;)

Offline DualBoy

• http://www.pingme.ca
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 17:15 »
Can you email me the animation also? I want to see if I can grab it and such. I have had much success in getting images and videos off sites which have attempted to hide their code in the past.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2003, 17:41 »
If it opens in PSP Simon then you should be able to open it in PSPs Animation shop too and sort it from there.Can one of you send it me as well so I can see how it  differs from the normal .imi ones  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 17:45 »
Ok I have it and it has saved as an animated gif just by right right clicking and Save Picture As ?
See attached .gif  :-*

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2003, 17:54 »
Got it Sandra. I had sent you a copy of it in an e-mail. Now would you believe I have forgotten the code for importing sigs into my profile. I had deleted my old sig and forgot to note the code. I am a right plonker :-[

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2003, 18:02 »
Full location address between (flash=450,150) and (/flash)remembering to put your size in place of my standard 450 x 150 and replace ( ) with [ ]  :-*

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2003, 18:15 »
Dual Boy,I was trying to attach a   .imi file to see if you could find someway to open and save it as an animated gif for posible future use but it wont let me attach it  :( as its not the correct file type for on here. If you come on messenger I will send it you later  :-*

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum