Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Cnet  (Read 1015 times)

Offline spitfire

• http://skate-4-god.tk
Cnet
« on: March 27, 2004, 10:00 »
I think that www.cnet.com is a very useful site, very good for downloading what you need, tell me what you think of it

adam:boobs:
P1TF1R3
Spitfire

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Cnet
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 11:45 »
Yes, it's a widely known, well established source for downloads - I use it a lot.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 18:17 »
Its about the first place i go to if im searching for some simple software fix. Anything from ftp progs to mp3 converters can be found there. For the most part its mostly freeware anyway, and a good source for high quality freeware at that. I might go to this site once a month or so. For me going to one particular software site, once a month is good.

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 22:51 »
I rarely download anything, as I think that the less you have on your system, then the less likely something will go wrong.

However, if I am looking for something I particularly want, I usually start at cnet.  The search bar in Opera (my preferred browser) actually has cnet search built into it.  One word of warning though.  Before downloading anything from cnet, always check that it isn't spyware and NEVER choose a program solely on the strength of cnet's "User Ratings".  I strongly suspect that many programs available on cnet are repeatedly rated by their own creater, so as to make them look invaluable, when in reality they are useless spyware junk.   >:(

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 23:41 »
damn im alost the exact opposite. I don't look for much nowadays because i have mostly everything i would ever need as far as software goes. But i had not quams about experimenting with new products. Im a bootlegger i guess you could say. :o if i can't download the iso i find a trial version i can crack. I haven't been in need for software in quite a long time but if i need something cnets one of the places i check. I normally check for price instead of the user rating. If the price is high chances are its clean quality piece of software.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum