Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Netgem-I freeview box  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Dack

• Established Member
Netgem-I freeview box
« on: April 08, 2004, 13:27 »
For anyone who is after a box that allows you to watch freeview AND has a slot for Top Up TV then it's worth getting hold of one of these boxes.

Currently £49.99 plus VAT at Makro

Extra features it includes are a full wireless keyboard and intenet access capability. Since it also has a USB connector capability you can wireless network it AND if you run a server on one of your computers you can stream things such as MP3s down onto you TV screen. :)

Good picture quality and fast to lock up signal - one of the nicest things though is that it runs Linux as the OS and you can download the source code for the box if you want to have a play :)
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Netgem-I freeview box
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 14:25 »
Is it me, or can you not buy online from Makro?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 14:47 »
You need to be a member of Makro - I think it is free though  ;)

DJ

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 15:13 »
There's a couple of them on e-bay, which are cheaper at the moment, but still 1 or 2 days to go.  Not sure I need another one anyway.  Just having a bit of trouble with my Pioneer TF-100, which seems to crash once or twice a week.  I should take it back as it's still under warranty - it's more fun buying something new though!   ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum