Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: error message  (Read 2017 times)

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
error message
« on: January 04, 2003, 20:33 »
Hi all me again with problems.

I've just installed a bigger hard drive and now when I boot up i get an error message saying  essspk.exe could not be run due to part of file maybe missing. Have tried to find the file to delete it but cannot find it.

I think it maybe in the WIN.INI file but cant find that either. I believe it is the fonts file but can't work out where to go from here.
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Adept

Re:error message
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 20:38 »
essspk.exe is probably part of your sound card's driver files Greenking. At a guess I would say that a DLL file is missing which this exe file needs.

Do you have a driver disk for your sound system? I would try reinstalling these drivers first of all.

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 00:46 »
uninstalled all my sound abilities( very brave considering my recent postings in hardware problems) and didn't make a blind bit of diference.

well it did coz i now get the same message but followed by "problem with WIN.INI couldn't run essspk.exe"
My goal in life is to become half as good a person as my dog already thinks I am

Adept

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 09:22 »
How did you uninstall greenking, was there an uninstall program or did you just delete the sound drivers from the device manager? I'd recommend that you try both methods before re-installing.

Something else you may want to try:-

From the Start button, choose run, type msconfig into the Open text box and press OK.

This will load the system configuration utility which will hopefully allow you to disable the essspk.exe file either from the WIN.INI tab or more likely from the Startup tab.

Offline greenking

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 18:38 »
Thanks Adept,

I've disabled it. One of the bods at work says he had this problem and it is the sound part of my modem that puts incoming calls on the speakers.

Apparently this has happened to quite a few people and there is a patch that you can download but I don't think I need it.

Much obliged to you for your help :D :D :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum