Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: E-mail problems  (Read 690 times)

Offline deschooling

E-mail problems
« on: May 09, 2004, 12:08 »
In Outlook Express I am getting hundreds of duplicate e-mails. They are from April and every time I open Outlook Express the Inbox fills with these mails, each one about 20 duplicates. What can I do? ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:E-mail problems
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 13:03 »
Perhaps we could clarify the situation?  If I'm not mistaken, you said in your other post that you haven't received any e-mails for days.  Are we talking about more than one e-mail account, with different ISPs?

Your 'duplicate' e-mails may not actually be duplicates, but could be a large file which OE has split into several smaller sections.

Give us some more details, and we may be able to help you further.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline deschooling

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 16:44 »
I have two accounts, Tiscali and Freeserve.

The duplicate mails are all from Tiscali. They are just the same mails repeated. Today I have had 20 mails coming into my Inbox, the same ones as usual, with 4 duplicates of each, making 80 in total.

I still receive mails from my Freeserve account.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 20:20 »
Have you checked your accounts in Outlook Express?  Tools > Accounts.  I know it sounds unlikely but you haven't got duplicate accounts set up have you?

I'm still confused as to your other post, where you said you can't receive any e-mails from your Tiscali account, and haven't for days.   :-\
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum