Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: AOL Hell  (Read 702 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
AOL Hell
« on: May 27, 2004, 23:26 »
A friend has tried to install a 'free trial' of AOL on their old ME machine.  ::)  This is all a bit garbled, but from what I can gather, they have installed the CD, but can't get a connection up and running.  There is no icon in Network Connections (or whatever the equivalent is in ME), and all they have are two icons on their desktop, which, when clicked, only offer to reboot.

Any ideas?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re:AOL Hell
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 12:02 »
they need to do two things, and in this order, firstly they will need to do a complete uninstall of AOL. Then before rebooting, they will need to right click on the CD-Rom icon on the Desktop [ if they have'nt got one they bloody well should have] then select the "eject" option, remove the AOL CD and then
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  BIN THE BUGGER  :-X ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:57 »
:lol that was helpful tony !

I have AOL on ME and I have no problems, Have they tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Doesn't sound like its installed correctly does it.

I have two icons in dialup networking. But you go in through the Aol package which comes up on your desktop and the taskbar.
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 20:54 »
Problem solved, following Tony's advice.   ;) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 19:55 »
:welldone: Tony ;D ;D

Couldn't have put it better myself  :lol: :funny:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum