Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: System Mechanic  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
System Mechanic
« on: January 11, 2003, 16:56 »
This is only a free trial so I presume that if you don't buy it before the trial period ends that it will self destruct.  However, if you don't have Nortons Utilities this could solve a few problems for you.  Here is the blurb:  

Keep your PC running faster, cleaner, and error-free, and speed up your Internet connection with System Mechanic's full suite of 15 powerful tools. This set of tools will allow you to find and fix problems with your system, ensure reliability and speed, as well as properly maintain your PC so problems don't occur. Speed up your Internet and network connection by up to 300 percent; clean and optimize your system Registry; tweak and customize almost 100 undocumented settings in Windows; consolidate critical system maintenance into one easy step with the Maintenance Wizard; hunt down and remove junk and obsolete files and drivers; maintain privacy and security by eliminating tracks left behind while using your computer or surfing the Web; properly and securely remove such items as browser cache, cookies, and other history files.

http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/downloads/detail/1002-2094-10174256.html

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re:System Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 01:08 »
I had System Mechanic on my PC and it worked great until I uninstalled it after the 30 day trial. I had to do a restore back to before I installed it to get things working right again. It must have taken files away when I uninstalled it. Sometimes these utilities can do more harm than good.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:System Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 08:59 »
That is very useful to know Lona.  Thank you for sharing that information with us.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum