Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Error Message Verifying pool Data  (Read 1830 times)

Offline rockhawg

• New Registration
Error Message Verifying pool Data
« on: July 08, 2004, 23:11 »
Hello all I hope someone can help. I am building my first PC and everything was going great until I stated loading my win XP Pro. I went with a msi k8n neo Platinum Mother board and a 64 bit amd processor. I have 2-512 mb kingston hyperx memory sticks in it, all new out of the box. I am using a samsung 40 gb HD as my master drive and a western digtal 120 gb as my slave drive. Everything was going just great until I tried to load my window xp pro. I got an error message Verifying pool Data.... Error loading operating system. can anyone please help.
Thanks Rockhawg

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Error Message Verifying pool Data
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 23:16 »
Hi rockhawg and :welcome:

I was under the impression that you could only run the 64 bit version of XP on a 64 bit processor, although its all a bit new for me yet, maybe someone else can confirm this  :-\

Offline Dack

• Established Member
Re:Error Message Verifying pool Data
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 00:32 »
That error message has been occuring with XP installations pretty much since it first came out. :(

You can run 32 biut OS on a 64 bit processor - just not optomised for it.

Suggestions?

1. Check to see that the drives are configured to use CS (cable select). Some boards don't like it if you've used the master/slave configurations. (I'd give this a try first in case it's trying to boot from the wrong drive while installing)

2. Try changing the cache options for the processor in the bios - sometimes this fixes it (you can change them back later).

hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum