Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sygate (simongate)  (Read 1108 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Sygate (simongate)
« on: August 01, 2004, 10:30 »
Ok here's one I have been messing about for a couple of days with now amd its driving me nuts, there must be an easy solution  >:(

Problem  ;D  I have 4 others that use this PC and all have there passwords etc, how can I make sure that Sygate is working on all the accounts.

Hookstar  8)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Sygate (simongate)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 10:42 »
Probably going to show my ignorance here, but do firewalls, etc, work on an 'induvidual' basis?  I would have thought that once you've got one on your PC, it would work for all users.   :-\
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 10:57 »
Simon.. when My daugher was on the PC yesterday I couldnt see the Icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, so thought it wasnt working  :-\

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 11:58 »
I don't know, Hook, sorry.  Just a thought, but the icon wasn't hidden, was it?  You should be able to just fire it up from the Start menu short cut, but not the most ideal situation.  Hopefully, someone who knows about user accounts might be able to advise.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 12:57 »
Nope .. no hidden Icon  :-[ wish it was that simple

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 13:13 »
I am not used to multiple users but I thought that when you installed a program into an admin account then it gave you the option for just admin or all users doesnt it Hook  ???

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 15:53 »
Thanks Dave  ;) Just had an information mail from Sygate as well just to confirm exactly as described in the Google thread.

SPF does not support XP fast user switching. The firewall is working when your daughter is logged in, but the tray icon and any popup messages would only appear on the first account to log in. If you actually log off each time, rather than use fast switching, SPF works normally.

Bart

I think why it happend, I was already logged on and it went into screen saver and when she came along and logged in as herself with my progs still running in the back ground.

Many thanks to those that replied  :thanks:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum