Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Potty Horror  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Potty Horror
« on: August 19, 2004, 12:36 »
I was dead impressed with this one.  It's a brill puzzle game on J K Rowling's web site and half the challenge is finding the game in the first place!  Let me know how you get on.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:Potty Horror
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 16:17 »
You mean there's a game hidden in there?   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 18:14 »
Technically, it's a brilliant website!  I haven't found the game yet - I'll come back to it later.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 19:06 »
Yes, it is rather good, isn't it.  Makes you wonder how she could possibly afford it.  It was done using Flash, so I reckon she probably had some help from Sandra.

To save you a great deal of embuggerance, the game can be found from the 'cluttered desk' page, by clicking on the black hair-band, in the middle, which will show a question mark on mouse-over.

Once you've opened the door, you'll then have to click in the dark for several days before you find the damn light-switch - which is about two-thirds down the wall and about one-third in from the left.

...but I don't want to spoil it for you.   ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 20:39 »
Christ!!  Here goes another evening!   ::) ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 21:13 »
Help!!!  I found the light switch, eventually, but what are you supposed to score on the dartboard?    :-[

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 22:44 »
Well, since it looks like a few people will be playing with their wands for the next couple of days, there's a useful thread which contains hints and tips for would be w*****s here.  Note that it would be wise not to post pictures of your bottom there.

Simply register as 'Tinkerbell' and tell them Snarvish of Thrutch sent you.  Then, as soon as they stop taking themselves seriously long enough to discover a sense of humour, ask where you can find the mystic potion of flatulence.  

Hope this helps.

PS.  I can spell "wizards" properly now.   ;)

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 07:45 »
Can't even find the bleedin light switch :(
Useless or what! :'(
img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 09:26 »
According to the link Rod posted above, that door is only a small part of the game.  You probably have to do other stuff as well, to get clues, but as the thread is at least 19 pages long, I just haven't got time for it at the moment.  I did notice that there's a mobile phone on that firat page, which you can dial, if you know the correct number.   ;)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 14:06 »
There are bits and pieces littered all over the website.  For example, if you click on the golden key for 'Fan Sites', put the medals in their cases to win some brownie points - and don't forget to collect the blue feather while you're there.

Much of the seemingly-useless crap that you collect will have some value later on.   ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum