Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: mysterious disappearance  (Read 680 times)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
mysterious disappearance
« on: August 29, 2004, 23:13 »
Having the need today to restore my PC because of serious problems started to appear short time ago, I was in need to use the image of the "Restoration CD" which I made for my system by the help of "Norton Ghost" two months ago.

The image was put on a different HDD with another older image in a neighbour folder.

I was surprised to find that both folders were empty.

Well, I wasn't too much worry because I have that restoration image on a separated DVD.

Tried to use that DVD, which arrived to 90% and told me that there's something missing. (so, it can't continue).

I thought then to restore my PC by using the old (original) "Restoration CD" which came with it when I first bought it. But it didn't work neither.

I reinstalled windows twice, and then tried it again:  No good news yet.

So, I had a look on the original partition of my PC (third partition of format FAT32) which containes the original image (the base of the original restoration CD). I was shockes to see that its' folders were erased too.

Can anyone explain that?   ???   :-\

What makes those folders of images restoration disappear (erased) from my computer?

They are three images. Two of them are beside each other (one made by "Ghost", and the other made by "Drive Image", and the third is on another partition and another disk.

MYSTERIOUS THING, NO?  !!!    :-\

Well, to reassure you:  After long hours of work, I was able at last to fix my system and restore it as it was. So, I don't need a solution. I just need to know, what thing may have caused to erase only the restoration images from my PC (and not other things or folders)?

object width="450" height="150">

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum