Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: order of security progs  (Read 671 times)

Offline gudda96

order of security progs
« on: August 31, 2004, 16:46 »
Hi Guys

I am quite keen on protecting my pc from adware/viruses etc but I find people differ so much in their reccomendation. I am listing the progs I have and invite comments on whether I have too many, too few, and suggestions on the order to use them.This is the order at present.

enditall
stinger
spybot
adaware se
spywareblaster
regseeker
diskcleaner
regcleaner
cookiewall
A2
trojan remover
diskfrag
P/ZA/MW/SB/AW/Avast/OE/

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:order of security progs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 17:48 »
Err..., where's your Firewall and Anti Virus protection?   ::)  I use Norton AV and Sygate Pro Firewall.  I also use Spybot, Ad Aware and Spyware Blaster.  I used to have A2 but apparently it's not all that, as it doesn't protect against all trojans.  I then went through a whole load of other Trojan scanners, but in the end I decided not to bother, as my Firewall and AV should be enough, and there are online Trojan scanners which can be used once in a while.  I have EndItAll2, which I sometimes find useful, but having come a cropper with one of the registry cleaners I don't use any of them now.  Not sure what Stinger is, and can guess what Diskfrag does, but haven't used it.  Used to have Cookie Wall for IE, but now I use Mozilla, which has it's own built in Pop Up Stopper, as does IE if you have XP with SP2.

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum