Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: InterNet Explorer and the mouse wheel  (Read 970 times)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
InterNet Explorer and the mouse wheel
« on: September 07, 2004, 02:16 »
We all know that we can scroll the page up and down by turning the mouse wheel to the desired direction.

Well, there?s another way to control that smoothly, by clicking on the wheel, which will display a double arrowed point, up and down. We can then move the mouse to the wanted direction. The more we vertically go farer from that double arrowed point, the faster the page scrolls.

Still we can use the mouse wheel to make the Web pages characters bigger or smaller by holding the key Ctrl pressed and turning the mouse wheel.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:InterNet Explorer and the mouse wheel
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 07:04 »
Hadn't realised that before Joudi.  Two very good tips there.  Keep them coming and eventually I may learn how to use my computer.   ;D

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:25 »
You can also use CTRL + Scroll Wheel in Microsoft Word, Excel etc to zoom in (and out) of the page.

Just thought I'd let you know  ;D

DJ

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 08:35 »
And....you can scroll between pages or different web sites if your like me that have 5/6 open at a time by holding down the Arrow (just above Ctrl)and scrolling the wheel either way  ;D

Edit: just read that and it doesnt sound right  :P when scrolling through pages its pages from the same web site not different sites.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum