Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: My Network  (Read 979 times)

Offline twiggy

My Network
« on: September 09, 2004, 14:10 »
I recently re-formated both of my pc's and come to set the network up again. I set the boardband connection up on my computer and that worked fine. Now set a network up for my computer to share the connection with my other computer. Now this where im confused, they are both talking to each other you can access files on each of the computers, but cant connect to the internet on the 2nd computer ??? i have set the host computer to allow to share the internet connection and nothing so i even turned off the firewall but still nothing  :-\ i am running zone alarm in the background and set that on both computers to be a trusted network so it's not that stopping them? Any ideas?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:My Network
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 14:34 »
Are you conecting through a router or using one pc as the gateway Mark ?
Have you checked that XP hasnt set its own internet connection firewall on either one or both pcs, it often does that if you run the network wizard and use certain settings  :(

Offline twiggy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 14:57 »
im using a swicth to connect the two computers, it is showing a gateway on the 2nd computer but not on the first?

Offline twiggy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 13:56 »
OK now this is just gettin more head recking... It was all up and working both computers talking and sharing the internet (even streamed liverpool live the other nite on the 2nd computer) then it was turned off come back to it 12hours later and guess what no internet connection ??? what has changed since i turned it off and back on? they can still see each other and share files just not the internet ???

any one help?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 14:37 »
Has either or both auto updated to SP2 and turned XPs own firewall on perhaps  ???

Offline twiggy

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 13:41 »
No i turned the auto-up dates thing off a while ago i have to do it manually and they both don't have sp2 on them yet. This is a real wined up, they are both now fully sharing files and printers ect but they will not share the internet connection ??? they share everything apart from the thing I actually want them to, well suppose that's Microsoft all over. Any ideas apart from just Microsoft ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum