Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: No connection, tryin to help mi mate owt  (Read 630 times)

Offline spooner

No connection, tryin to help mi mate owt
« on: November 14, 2004, 20:38 »
Hi guys,

ok....my mate has run his bt yahoo anti spyware and what it came up with as corrupt files he deleted, since then he`s tried to connect to the internet, his IE icon says he`s connected, every web page says cannot connect and every email says he cannot send or receive, does anybody have any ideas,
let me know
cheers
sed all my sick, t`morra i`m ringing in dead !

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:No connection, tryin to help mi mate owt
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 21:39 »
If hes on XP or ME try restoring to a point before he deleted the files, it looks like hes deleted something that he shouldnt have.
Check the firewalls not blocking anything if that fails.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 21:41 »
This is BT/Yahoo's own trojan remover which they have sent out free to all its customers.  I downloaded and ran it yesterday and it found a pop-up trojan which AdAware missed.  I had no problems with it but I know that you have to be careful with spyware removers because they can also mess your machine up.  Ad-Aware once caused my Internet connection to completely fail and the only cure was to reload Windows.  Reading on other forums, this is not an uncommon experience.

Hopefully you won't have to go that far and before a proper techie comes along, why don't you try doing a system restore to see if that will solve it?

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 21:42 »
Damn!  Beaten to it by Sandra - as usual!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum