Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Video file conversion problem  (Read 730 times)

Offline JK

Video file conversion problem
« on: November 16, 2004, 23:29 »
This will need a major expert to help. Anyway here goes.
I have some video files shot with a digital camera. The person taking the video rotated the camera by 90 degrees. The AVI files taken where corrected by Virtual Dub. Rotated 90 degrees to correct the camera mistake. They play fine in all the media players. The files are very long in lenght and I wished to reduce them with conversion into other formats WMV, MOV, etc.
The convereted video files show the aspect ratio corrupted with the images appearing short and fat. If there any video conversion software out there that would covert the files and retain the aspect ratio.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Video file conversion problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 23:34 »
Most of the converters that I have used give the option of maintaining the same aspect ratio or selecting your own.
Which programs have you used or do you mean that Vdub changed the aspect ratio when you corrected the orientation  ???

Offline twiggy

Re:Video file conversion problem
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 12:23 »
TMPGEnc will be your best bet, any version above number 3. Now that can only convert to MPEG but it will sort out your resolution and GOP structure ect. Then from there convert that mpeg into the format you want.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum