Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: cannot boot my computer  (Read 671 times)

Offline tiff27

• New Registration
cannot boot my computer
« on: November 21, 2004, 21:50 »
I cannot boot my computer. Whenever it starts up it goes to a black screen that says press <F1> for setup <ESC>to boot and <F2> for option rom screen. If I press <esc> to boot, it then ask me for a password. After pressing enter several times it will then say password failure, system halted ! I have never set a password to this computer and never had this problem before. What could this be ?

Offline Dack

• Established Member
Re:cannot boot my computer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 22:03 »
Hello and :welcome:

Could be several things but sounds like your bios has been altered - whet happens when you select F1 to go into the bios.

If you check the time and date and see if they look correct, you should also check to see what hard drives you have available and whether any of the security option have been enabled e.g. password on boot

hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Offline joudi

• Established Member
Re:cannot boot my computer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 22:08 »
Hi tiff27 and welcome to PC Pals,

Till a proper techie shows here, I may propose that you provide some more information about your PC and your OS.

Could be useful too to tell us if your problem started to appear after certain action from your side, like installing or uninstalling certain program, or any other event which happened.

I thought too of a possibility of (maybe) you've forgotten a floppy or a CD in one of the drives. If so, you can remove it first and restart.
object width="450" height="150">

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum