Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Intermittent Boot up problem  (Read 661 times)

Offline Nuli

Intermittent Boot up problem
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:15 »
Lately every so often I try to power up my PC and the first screen appears then it hangs on the second screen and does not boot.
I've opened the case and dusted the inside, unplugged and replugged all the connections and still nothing.
In the past it has just come on again after a couple of days but then hangs again a couple of days later.
I've had a BIOS warning saying that the system has detected the CPU is running slow and to make the necessary adjustments but.....
Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be?
Martin

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Intermittent Boot up problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 11:55 »
Hi Martin and :welcome:

Intermittent problems can be a real pain to sort out.
Do you know the specs of your pc and what speed the cpu is actually running at ?

Offline Nuli

Re:Intermittent Boot up problem
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 09:51 »
Hi Sandra,
Apollogies for not posting a reply for a while.
My PC has been steadily getting worse, but thanks to a later post by someone with a similar problem I think I have pinpointed the offending bit of hard ware.
The motherboard, that was going to be the next thing on my list.
I had already upgraded from ME to XP Home, new larger hard drive,
DVD Dual layer Writer four USB2 ports and a slightly faster AMD Athlon processor 1.8 the fastest to fit my Asus A7A266 Socket A 462 Mobo, and still got boot up problems.
If I'm going to buy a new mobo I might as well go for a faster chip as well, because when my PC does work with this new XP system it really is slow when accessing programes.
Anyway here's hoping it works.
Cheers Martin

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum