Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Format Dell Latitude?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
Format Dell Latitude?
« on: February 06, 2005, 02:35 »
I'm totally out of ideas on this one...

I "have" (it's not really mine anymore) a Dell Latitude Laptop. What I'm trying to do is install Windows XP on it...it has ME on there now. Now, here are the real problems:
- The computer has no built-in CD drive, only a USB external one
- The computer has no Floppy drive
- It has two PCMCIA slots
- The BIOS is old, so I can't change the settings to allow me to boot off of a CD
- And last, but not least, it's a Dell  :P

I tried every single setting in the BIOS and none of them will let me boot off of a CD. I tried booting off of a PCMCIA card, but it didn't work. To tell u the truth, I've never done that b4, so I could've screwed up somewhere along the way. I have tried everything I can think of, but to no avail.

Can I somehow make a bootable PCMCIA card like a bootable floppy disk? If I can, how would I go about doing that?

Any suggestions?  ???
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Format Dell Latitude?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 03:45 »
Ok theres a couple of possibilities. I have an external CD drive that connects through the printer port, slow but almost every pc/laptop has a printer port.
If the drive is big enough you could possibly create a partition on it and copy the cd files onto that partition and install from there which should allow you to create a partition to install XP to and then format that partition  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum