Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: i need laptop aid  (Read 657 times)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
i need laptop aid
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:16 »
Not to long back someone gave me a laptop and two old college servers. The woman told me her son had taken all the hard drives out and that if i wanted to use them i would need to get a new hard drive. She just seemed to be happy to get rid of the "junk".

Alright, I have no use for laptops. They're small, hard to work on, and a general pain in the arse for me personally. The thing is i told a good friend of mine if he wanted it all he would have to do is buy the parts to get it running and he could have it.

The machine itself is a Compaq Presario 1210 Laptop. The first thing you notice when you pick it up is the plastic bay door about 2-3 inches in width covering an empty bay. At first i thought this was the hard drive bay. But the more i thought about it the more im coming to think this was the battery bay for the thing. Since it didn't come with a power adapter either, i have no was of testing this.

The question is do you have to open the entire laptop up to get to the hard drive or is this bay for the hd and the internal battery built in?

If im right and the hd is built in then chances are the hd is still in there and all ill have to do is find a power adapter and later on a battery for the guy.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:i need laptop aid
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 12:43 »
Hi Bob, I have an old Compaq laptop that has a multi bay.
I havent had time to check on the Presario model but mine has 3 bays, one for the battery and one for the hard drive and a third which takes a floppy or a CD/DVD drive or a second hard drive or a second battery, I think, that fit in a special caddy.
I will see what I can find out about your model later  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum