Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: which one?  (Read 687 times)

Offline princeofdarkness

which one?
« on: April 11, 2005, 22:47 »
hi
i am gettting broadband for my house(in england) there will be a wireless router in my room connecting my pc and my xbox and my mums pc downstairs will have a wireless card.. i need download limits that wont run out because i use my pc all day for downloading and so does my mum (downstairs pc) i also dont want like 6 gaming hours a day like it said on ntl i need 24 hour access.. i am going to install it all myself because i dont trust them and i wnt to buy all the stuff from a proper shop and not rubbish stuff of the broadband provider..

speed must be at least 512,
pc, xbox and another pc must be able to run at the same time as well as the phone,
i dont want download limits running out,
must be xbox live compatible...
dont want a free installation or modem or anything because i dont want the complications,

so if you have any suggestions of which service provider i should try.. plz let me know.. thanks

Pod

p.s thanx sandra my dad got a new cable for router and it worked :)
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
which one?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 23:00 »
Hi, POD.

You need to be careful, because even those without capping limits seem to be quietly introducing them, while others that claim to have unlimited usage will soon suspend you or kick you off if you start to exceed their hidden "fair use" policy.  

I have heard that Demon have a very relaxed attitude to how much you use (I've actually read that they couldn't care less at all) so that is one you can consider.

http://www.demon.net

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
which one?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 23:23 »
You could also look at www.pipex.net who offer a 1Mb unlimited service for £23.44 per month, or a 2Mb unlimited service for £33.99 per month, with free set up and modem for new customers.

http://www.solo.pipex.net/specifications-pricing/
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum