Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: pc crashing  (Read 669 times)

Offline jon996

pc crashing
« on: May 25, 2005, 16:32 »
hey all,

my pc jus randomly reboots wenever it wants. it just turns off then turns back on again. i cant think of what could be doing it. iv checked all the cables for loosness n no luck. looked on event viewer and i found this error.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  

dunno what it could mean? :(  microsoft help + support centre didnt come up with anything?

Anyone?

>>jon
rive it like you stole it!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
pc crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 18:22 »
Does the error in the event log correspond with the times that the PC reboots itself?  What you could try is go into System Properties (right click My Computer (on Desktop) > Properties), then Advanced, and under Startup and Recovery, click the Settings button, then under System Failure, untick the box to disable 'Automatically restart'.  XP tends to reboot at the slightest error, so while you obviously still have a problem, you may then get a more useful error message, instead of it automatically rebooting.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline jon996

pc crashing
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 18:47 »
cheers si, ive done that and the next time i happens ill report it here! :)
rive it like you stole it!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum