Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Anonymous Surfing  (Read 692 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Anonymous Surfing
« on: May 26, 2005, 18:25 »
Does anyone use any of these 'Anonymisers', which are supposed to hide your IP address while surfing?  Are they any good, and can anyone recommend one to try out?  I had read that they significantly slow down surfing speeds, by using multiple proxy servers, and although they can hide your IP from websites you visit, and presumably hide your tracks from your own ISP, the actual proxies used still keep records of where you have been, and what you've been doing, so there's still a privacy issue.  Also, I had heard that many websites will not work if your IP is hidden, in fact, I think PC Pals may be one of them, and further, some ISPs will not allow you to use proxy servers through their connection.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Anonymous Surfing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 18:34 »
It's normal to have to pay to use a proxy server and it can cause more problems than it can solve.  You are also at the mercy of yet another outfit.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Anonymous Surfing
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 18:41 »
you are right it will slow you down..... worth looking around and if anyone has more info i will be interested to know as well.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum