Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Outlook Worry  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Outlook Worry
« on: January 25, 2003, 19:23 »
:hi:  I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a small but mysterious issue?  

I'm running Outlook with Office XP, and Norton Anti Virus 2003.  Every once in a while, I notice the NAV Outgoing Mail Scanner pop up, and act as if it is scanning an outward mail, even though I haven't actually sent anything.  This has happened, perhaps, twice in the last fortnight.  There is nothing in my Sent folder to indicate anything has just been sent, and I have it set to 'ask' before sending any receipts for incoming mail.  I have done a full virus scan, and there is nothing untoward.

Has anyone else noticed this event, and is it something to be concerned about?

Edit: This has now happened twice tonight, both times after receiving mail from Adept!!   :o ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Re:Outlook Worry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 21:17 »
That will be the two return receipts, Simon.  Recommend you double-check your settings.  You may also be interested to know that there was an new patch posted for this version of MS Outcast, on the 22nd of January.
 :go:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 21:31 »
That's what I thought, Rodders, but I definitely have it set to ask before sending receipts, which it does, as I only had one today!   ???
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 22:10 »
That'll be my emails :soz: Simon

I use an obscure email client called Turnpike, which makes me less vulnerable to the Outlook-borne virii. A down side is that it insists on asking for return receipts for all the mail I send. I'm sure there is an option to switch it off somewhere, but I just haven't had chance to look for it  ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum