Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: 2 Monitors and Mozilla  (Read 1592 times)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« on: August 20, 2005, 14:05 »
Hi All,

Not sure if this is related to hardware or software.  I have an IBM thinkpad laptop linked to a Samsing LCD TV.  I have selected the 'expand my desktop' option so that I can have one window on the TV (e.g. My emails) and keep working on my laptop screen.  I move my mouse off to the left of my laptop screen and it transfers to my LCD screen.

Now if I open Mozilla Firefox and move it to the LCD TV screen... when I select the file, edit, view menus at the top - the actual drop down menu is displayed on the laptop screen (not the LCD screen).  I can however right click on the screen and the dropdown is displayed on the LCD screen.

Its ok on normal folders or other apps - just seems Firefox is the only software that it doesn't work.

Understand?!? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

DJ

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 17:28 »
As a relatively experienced Mozilla user - I haven't a clue!  :grin:  Tony might be able to help - he uses Moz and multi monitors.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 19:24 »
Yeah thought Tony may know.

I haven't really tried to fix it - just noticed it before and it was bugging me!

Thanks

DJ

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 12:20 »
DJ as you may know I have three monitors. It does not matter on which screen I open the Mozilla browser on. If I than drag the open Mozilla browser to another screen,  clicking on any of the toolbar options, the drop down box always opens in the same window.

Sure beats me, but if a simple right click puts it right its not really an issue. But I can see why you asked if there is a fix for it as its annoying. If it doesn't happen when using the MS IE browser I would consider posting on the Mozilla help forum.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline DJ

• Established Member
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 13:22 »
No it doesn't happen in IE - Only Mozilla.

I will go over to the Mozilla forums and post it there.

Not really a big deal - but it is annoying!

DJ

Offline DJ

• Established Member
2 Monitors and Mozilla
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 13:24 »
Quote from: "Tony"

Sure beats me, but if a simple right click puts it right its not really an issue.

I can only display right click menus on the correct screen (e.g. If I right click the middle of the page and chose View Page Source.  

The normal left click menus (File, Edit) etc are always displayed on the laptop screen.

Thought I'd clear that up  :)

DJ

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum