Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: FARIO computer system  (Read 2761 times)

Offline reanne

FARIO computer system
« on: June 07, 2005, 23:54 »
Hi

Anyone know what this is? Sorry if i've put it into the wrong place.

Reanne

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
FARIO computer system
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 00:47 »
Are you sure thats the correct spelling Reanne ?

I am unable to find anything about FARIO relating to computers but I did find a firm called FARO that does CAD/CAM design software.

Is it a pc manufacturer or a software manufacture/program that you are wanting information on ?

Offline reanne

FARIO computer system
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 14:19 »
Yes, Its called a FARIO computer system. It doesn't matter if know one knows. It's just i have an interview on Friday and that was mentioned in the job description. I'll have to blag it,  :laugh:

Offline sam

• Administrator
FARIO computer system
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 15:57 »
i came across a reference here: www.softwarefutures.com/images/ static/pdf/Project_References.pdf

on page 13.

FARIO is now fully implemented on a leading edge web-services platform using IBM Websphere application server and IBM Web services toolkit. This means that although FARIO comes with a browser interface, customers of Graphic Data can access all the document storage, retrieval, digitisation etc requests via their line of business systems by calling the industry standard SOAP and UDDI compliant services exposed by the FARIO infrastructure. The FARIO system was specifically designed and constructed to scale to very large numbers and is intended to have the capability of supporting 100 000 users and hundreds of millions of documents.

See https:\\www.fario.net\ and www.graphihcdata.co.uk

might be worth taking a look at the document as there is a bit more. still though this is just a guess  :?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline reanne

FARIO computer system
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 17:47 »
Thanks Sam! You've saved me from looking totally blank when they talk about it.  :D

Offline sam

• Administrator
FARIO computer system
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 18:27 »
well it might not be right, but its seems that it could be that! heck i guess its better than not knowing anything. If they start going on about SOAP then you know we have hit the jackpot! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum