Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Absent Friends  (Read 3276 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Absent Friends
« on: June 06, 2005, 23:05 »
A new bright forum and hopefully a new era for PC-Pals with, once again, a thriving board and a growing membership.  However, in all the excitement we shouldn't forget those who informed, helped and entertained us for so long, but now (for whatever reason) are no longer with us.

To begin this trip down memory lane I would like to remember not one, but two absent friends, the notorious Gott Siegen Sie, affectionately known as GSS, and his cousin Measter.  GSS will probably be most fondly remembered for his infectious enthusiasm for "Clive's Amazing Facts".  So committed was he to this much anticipated daily dose of science and trivia that he must surely have been up all night just waiting for it.  If Clive posted at 06:29AM, you could be sure that by 06:31 GSS would have replied letting us all know which fact he liked the most.  However, GSS made a far more important contribution than just replying to Clive.  Every post he made was full of anagrams, an absolute boon for members such as Lona when the Quiz board was quiet.  Meanwhile, Measter, the more reserved of the two, would have us falling off our seats with laughter as he ribbed his cousin for the alternative meaning that GSS' spelling often created, and he wasn't too bad at giving out computer advice when he wasn't taking the proverbial out of his cousin.

A much missed double act.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Absent Friends
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 23:29 »
:omg:  I dread to think where this thread could go!  :ooo:  Nice idea, Dave!  :grin:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Absent Friends
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 21:10 »
Thanks, Simon, although it appears eeryone is suffering with amnesia!

Nevertheless, I'll try to get it going.  Anyone got any memories of Whiskas?  For newer/later members, Whiskas was such a prolific poster in the early days that she is still in 9th place in the board's top posters list, even though we haven't seen her for about two and a half years!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Absent Friends
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 21:49 »
Another prolific poster we don't seem to see any more, is Greenking.  I wonder what happened to him?  And who could forget Kevin (The Teenager), admittedly from the 'other' forum, but memorable all the same!  Mustapha Phagg is another who disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Absent Friends
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 14:08 »
I haven't a clue what became of Greenking, Simon, - perhaps Terry might have some news.  The last time I saw Mustapha posting in any forums was in the Fast24 forums were he used the name Mahatma Coate.

Your mention of Kevin reminded me of another teenager who used to be quite prolific in some forums, especially ISPreview - JimmyB.  I remember that Jimmy had some chronic illness and often used to go into hospital for a while.  I wonder if he's still with us?

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Absent Friends
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 00:51 »
Well another one was Your Fox.  Now where did she disappear to??????
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Absent Friends
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 01:21 »
Think she left the country before the fox hunting bill came into force, for her own protection Lona  :wink:

Offline joudi

• Established Member
Absent Friends
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 21:30 »
Dave,

As you're the one who started this topic, and you've mentioned some absent members who didn't visit us since months or years, you didn't tell us about your sister and the reasons of her absence.    :roll:

She used to make very interesting posts.

So, what's the matter with her?    :?:
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Absent Friends
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 22:43 »
What a good question, Joudi!  Whatever happened to Shaz??  :dunno:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Absent Friends
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 03:03 »
Well, as well as working strange (and often unsocial) hours, she is in love and as just become engaged.  I only asked last week if she had been on Pals recently and she said she hadn't been on for a while but told me to tell you all that she sends her love - but I had forgotten!  :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Absent Friends
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 07:37 »
Nice to hear things are going well for her, Dave.   :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum