Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: AVG - Turning Off The Reminder  (Read 2848 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
AVG - Turning Off The Reminder
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:45 »
'scuse the language, but does anyone who uses AVG anti-virus Free Edition know how to turn off that ba5tarding update reminder that pops up every five days?  I don't mnd updating security software now and then, but every five days is ridiculous - particularly as the bl0ody thing always pops up when I am doing something important like burning CDs.  I have looked trough the limited options and can't find anything that either allows the user to turn the thing off or change the period to something more acceptable like fourteen days.

Thanks.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 17:21 »
umm no idea sorry. I actually have mine set to update every time I logon to my computer as you dont wanna chance it with antivirus software.

You could probably stop it by editing the schedule or by removing the uri it uses to get the download.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Dogsbody

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 20:57 »
I think as Sam says that you delete built in schedule in the scheduler and just leave the box ticked for update on starting a connection.

DB

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 12:04 »
OK, thanks, I'll try that as I'm sick of the thing popping up just as I'm in the middle of doing something and don't want to be distracted until I've finished.

Thanks again.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 12:06 »
'm sick of the thing popping up just as I'm in the middle of doing something and don't want to be distracted until I've finished.

Oh its like that is it!  :wink:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 12:16 »
:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 13:01 »
:lol:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum