Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: pc games cost more that you think ?  (Read 1434 times)

digitalfife

pc games cost more that you think ?
« on: July 22, 2005, 02:30 »
:twisted: Grrrrr Final straw. Bought Doom 3 only to be told I need to spend another £150 odd to upgrade my graphic card to play the game.
Sod it. Took it back to the shop and bought a used Xbox instead.
Much happier :) Doom 3 plays fine on the xbox

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:46 »
yeah but Doom 3 on the XBOX is not the same as on the PC :-)

I'd agree that if you are serious about your gaming on a PC it will cost you a darn sight more than the console based alternative. I just spent £800 on new parts for a new machine. This is so I could play lots of games (though it was about time to upgrade anyway) that I were unable to on my other machine. Though most people wouldnt moan about the specs on my old machine.

Personally I far prefer my PC to my XBOX. End of the day I just think I am a keyboard and mouse person. I just can't play games like Doom 3 without a mouse.

So what do you think of Doom 3? Scared yet?  :D
- sam | @starrydude --

digitalfife

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 03:17 »
Mmmm to soon to tell. I must admit I prefered Quake and Unreal to Doom and still have all 3 versions of Quake on the pc. Good for venting stress.

I had a look at Doom 3 on a friends pc (top rig and it played very well) and with all graphic details & running at high res looked fantastic. Then again he's got more money than sence. The XBOX res in perhaps not quite as high but respectable. So am happy

Have splinter cell for PC and XBOX and honestly cannot tell the difference.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 03:25 »
Have splinter cell for PC and XBOX and honestly cannot tell the difference.

well the xbox does have a pretty good graphics card built into it. How do you find the controls - prefer the PC or the XOBX?
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum