Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Leave of absence  (Read 14731 times)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Leave of absence
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 23:14 »
Wb Shell  :D

Dell have some unbeatable offers on every so often if your willing to wait for the next high spec one to come along  :sheep:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Leave of absence
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 23:42 »
Welcome back!  :laugh:

If not I'm down to PC World, at least they are just down the road if there is a problem lol

DONT DO IT!!!! :-) I got my laptop from PC World, I don't know why I did thinking of it! but it was a good year ago and I've had nothing but problems, though I have to say their customer support is getting much better. Heck anything has to be better than the Mesh stuff.

I'd take a look at ebuyer.com aswell, they have some good systems on their from time to time. If I had the time and you were a bit closer I'd build ya one but then you dont have any warranty...thats an idea PC Pals PC Building with technical support from here :-)

...if this has turned into a nonsensical rampage I do apologise - thats what the start of the footy season gets ya!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Leave of absence
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 15:05 »
Mesh nightmare up date.

Guess what...... they have still not put my refund through.  I was told definately friday then, definately yesterday ... called today - not been done. So this is a week late now, if they do it today I won't have it until friday.

Oh and isn't it funny how all the managers are at lunch or in a meeting, the best I've managed to get is a supervisor calling me back, I have spoken to this guy before so we'll start with him.

I've also informed trading standards of this delay, and see if they will do anything about it.

Soooooo annoyed.  :evil:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Leave of absence
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 15:21 »
Quote from: "Michelle"
Mesh nightmare up date.

Guess what...... they have still not put my refund through.  I was told definately friday then, definately yesterday ... called today - not been done. So this is a week late now, if they do it today I won't have it until friday.

Oh and isn't it funny how all the managers are at lunch or in a meeting, the best I've managed to get is a supervisor calling me back, I have spoken to this guy before so we'll start with him.

I've also informed trading standards of this delay, and see if they will do anything about it.

Soooooo annoyed.  :evil:

Time you frightened them again, Michelle.  :)

Tell them if the money isn't in your account by Friday you will be seeking legal action.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Leave of absence
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 16:08 »
Yes, I can understand your being annoyed Michelle.  Definitely complain to the Trading Standards Officer again and then threaten to take them to the small claims court.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Leave of absence
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 18:24 »
Another update.

I've been very busy, I wrote to trading standards - send various emails to various people at mesh - and posted on 2 forums, pc advisor and finally I seem to have made them notice me.

See here ....... at the bottom Shells (thats me in disguise!)  :laugh:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm?go=discuss.thread&threadID=194877&ForumID=2

And here is just me moaning no answer on that one.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=6603711#post6603711

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Leave of absence
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 20:21 »
Oh I like it Shell!  :laugh:   I can't see the post you made in the second forum because only registered members can view.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Leave of absence
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 21:45 »
You get them girl.  :D

I would join every forum under the sun and slag them off to everybody.  :D

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Leave of absence
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2005, 00:10 »
Quote from: "Clive"
Oh I like it Shell!  :laugh:   I can't see the post you made in the second forum because only registered members can view.

OH I didn't think of that, oh well its just me going over what has happened, which you all know lol

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then.  :roll:  :?

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Leave of absence
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2005, 00:24 »
Quote from: "Sandra"
You just missed an Aldi special last thursday Michelle  :(

There may be one left somewhere if you ring around, 3.2 ghz P4 with everything you would need for £499, leaves you with plenty of left over cash from the Mesh price to get whichever monitor you fancy  :)

they had em advertised in their Colne branch last week Sandra. I was there for my favorite choc [flavour] covered toffee shortcake biscuits, best I've ever tasted 89p a box. I got 4 boxes bill come to £65 !!!!!!! well it was that DivX CD player, battery power drill and 32 piece drill set that did for me  :roll:

oh with the PC, I do beleive you got a three ldc screen as well.

Happy new home Shell, and good luck on your move Simon
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Leave of absence
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2005, 12:02 »
Yeah was a shame I missed that PC - I've been reading good things about Medion.  I keep searching the web for problems on various companys if I had taken more note of that before I'd have noticed all the web pages on Mesh.

Anyway ......... 9.30am (was sleeping, don't you love school holidays) Got a phone call from Mesh to say the payment has gone into my account. :banana: :banana: :banana:

See is believing mind you.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Leave of absence
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 13:24 »
Congratulations Shell!!  You can afford to crack open a bottle of wine with the money you will save by buying elsewhere!   :laugh:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Leave of absence
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 13:38 »
Hang off Michelle, there is sure to be another medion on Aldi soon.

They are selling them a lot more frequently now.

I am well pleased with mine and have had no real problems apart from a noisy fan which seems to be the norm with medion.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
Leave of absence
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 21:30 »
thanks guys, I will be having a look around, but I'm not going to rush into anything, after all, this pile of ..... lovely computer has kept working so far, I just can't play some of my games on it, or put anything on disc or .... well its fine for now, like the next week or so. :lol:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Leave of absence
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2005, 21:39 »
as you say though, definetly not worth rushing. I'm sure eventually you will find a computer thats right for you.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum