Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« on: September 01, 2005, 22:24 »
There's a bloke coming to my house tomorrow from Bt Wholesale to test my BB connection problems.

My dilemma is that for the moment my connection is fine and he is bringing his own modem and going to test my line with it.

I know he is going to tell me that my connection is fine and that it's my modem but how can he tell this when connection is working fine and it's only intermittently it disconnects and only when it is severe weather conditions.

How can I explain that I'm not complaining for complainings sake.

He's probably going to think, this is some old biddy who knows bugger all and just wants attention. :D  :D  :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
I need advice
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 22:33 »
Might be a good time for Ewan to give the garden a good hosing when he's there and make sure he gives that green box up the pole a good soaking  :twisted:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 22:36 »
Quote from: "Camstop"
Might be a good time for Ewan to give the garden a good hosing when he's there and make sure he gives that green box up the pole a good soaking  :twisted:

Green box isn't up the pole Cammy.  :D

Green box is up another street.

It's me who's going to up the pole if BT charges me for wasting their time.  :cry:

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
I need advice
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 22:39 »
Weather it's the north pole or the south pole BT always get their man  8)

:P  :wink:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 22:41 »
Quote from: "Camstop"
Weather it's the north pole or the south pole BT always get their man  8)

:P  :wink:

Well last time I looked in the mirror, I was a woman, so they won't get me  :lol:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
I need advice
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 22:47 »
It may not actually be the rain causing the disconnections, but the fact that more people are probably using their PCs if it's raining and they don't want to go out.  Goes back to what you said before, Lona, the connection gets worse, the busier the lines get.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 22:49 »
Yep, you could be right, Simon.  I'm dreading tomorrow.  

If I get a reasonable bloke who doesn't think I'm his grannie I will be ok.  If I get a smart arse then I'm sunk.  :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
I need advice
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 22:54 »
Just refer him to us, Lona!  If he threatens violence, refer him to Clive!  :devil:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 23:02 »
Quote from: "Simon"
Just refer him to us, Lona!  If he threatens violence, refer him to Clive!  :devil:

Refer them to Clive?????   Don't you mean Mrs Clive, I think she wears the trousers.  :wink:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
I need advice
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 23:04 »
Who would you rather see beaten up?   :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
I need advice
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 23:13 »
:argh:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
I need advice
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 12:33 »
You need to stick to your guns, Lona.  Tell them what happens and why you think it is happening.  

Blo0dy great this internet thing, isn't it?  First we had dialup which gave engaged tones if too many people were all on at once, now we have broadband which doesn't even connect if the line is overloaded.

Anyone know how much satellite broadband costs these days?

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
I need advice
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 20:18 »
As far as I know, Dave, satellite costs an arm and a leg so that's not an option.

Your right ofcourse, I can see BB going the same way as dialup with isps cutting you off if your online too long and capping your download limit.

Engineer phoned me first today before coming to the house.  I told him he was wasting his time as my connection had been steady for over 24 hours but also told him that there has been no rain either for 24 hours and that I was sure it was weather related.

He said he would consult his colleague to find out what he did on Monday and get back to me.  I've never heard from him since.

l'm just hoping things have settled down but keep watching this space.......... :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum