Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Age-Activated Attention Deficit  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Age-Activated Attention Deficit
« on: September 22, 2005, 18:08 »
> Recently I was diagnosed with AAADD - Age-Activated Attention Deficit

> Disorder. This is how it manifests:

>

>  

>

> I decide to wash my car. As I start towards the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first. But then I think, since I'm  going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

>

>  

>

> As I head towards the kitchen with the Pepsi a vase of flowers on the
 > counter catches my eye - they need to be watered. I put the Pepsi down
 on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses which I've been
 > searching for all morning. I decide I'd better put them back on my
 > desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back
 > down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot
 > the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realise that
 > tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but
 > I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it
 > back in the lounge where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

> I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So I put the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.  Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day, the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one cheque in my cheque book, I can't find the remote, can't find my glasses, and don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today,  I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.  I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my email.

And don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
Age-Activated Attention Deficit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 18:13 »
I think mine is here lol
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum