Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: VB.NET  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
VB.NET
« on: October 21, 2005, 05:58 »
I'm working on a program in VB.NET, and just have a couple quick questions which should (hopefully) be easy to resolve...

First thing is I want to change the color of just a certain part of text in a label.

So, for example:

Hello, my name is Bob

Some of the text is black, but a certain part is red. I'm not sure how to do this, although I must admit, I haven't really tried too hard...

Second, I'm trying to change a part of text to italics. This sounds easy, but I think it's complicated...I dunno.

I'm reading info from a text file, and adding it to an array. In the text in the file, it will read something like this:

Hello, my name is <I>Bob</I>

I want to change the text inside the <I></I> to italics. Hopefully someone can help me out on this one...because it has confused me for awhile now.

Thanks.
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
VB.NET
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 23:03 »
sorry mate, I meant to get back to you sooner.

not being a vb.net person I don't think I can help much though you might wanna take a look over at:

http://www.devarticles.com/c/b/VB.Net/ - they have some good examples of stuff and so might have something in there.

and then there is: http://www.devcity.net/Articles/87/1/ssteps_customcontrol.aspx

this seems like a good place to go to. They have a few examples including:

_
Property MouseOverColor() as Color

which sets the colour on a mouseover.

I hope this is of some use, and sorry about the delay
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
VB.NET....again
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 20:07 »
More Visual Basic problems... :evil:

Just wondering if anyone knows how to create a dedicated LAN server/service or w/e using VB.NET...I know many computer games can do this if you want to play locally.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
VB.NET....again
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 19:22 »
ummm looks like a tricky one... I'm not sure if I can help you with this one. I did a bit of a look around [the code project] but I'm not going to be much use. I though this http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/MyLanApp.asp sounded interesting and might help a little with the connection side of things, but I really don't know. The curse of VB.NET - please someone ask me about FORTRAN!! :-)

Hopefully someone else will be able to help!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
VB.NET....again
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 01:59 »
I think I may have found a way to do it using Winsock or something like that...only problem is I need another 20 ft. cat5 cable to see if it will work...apparently it only works with windows xp/2000, and the only other computer we have with win xp on it is just a bit too far away to reach with my current 20 ft. cat5 cable...anyways, thanks for ur help.
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline sam

• Administrator
VB.NET....again
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 11:12 »
ok cool!
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum