Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 23:57 »
Quote from: "Simon"
I would rather have root canal work, without anaesthetic, than watch an episode of SCD!   :P

Dont joke about that Simon, I have an appointment on monday for a root canal  :(

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2005, 00:38 »
Don't worry Sandra.  Root canal surgery without anaesthesia isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be.  Unfortunately, I know this from personal experience :( .

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 01:33 »
Actually its an appointment with a member of that increasingly rare and almost extinct breed, a NHS dentist  :)

I have been without a dentist for almost 2 years, after my previous practice partnership split up and they all went their seperate ways and went private  :(

I have always had 6 monthly checkups for as long as I remember until that time and very rarely needed any treatment apart from a filling or a crown every 5 or 6 years, if that.

So it came as no surprise that last february I lost a rather large filling  :(

I contacted NHS direct and asked for an emergency dentist in my area and they put me on the waiting list for a NHS dentist.

As I wasnt actually in tremendous agonising pain I couldnt get it done as an NHS emergency  :roll:

I put up with eating on one side of my mouth and frequent use of a toothpick to extract peanuts and such from the gaping hole in my tooth until I managed to get in at my old dentists about 8 weeks ago, who had started a practice up in the old premises but for private patients only, but would carry out emergency NHS treatment.

I said that it was causing me pain this time when I rang up, so that they would treat me  :wink:

When she saw my tooth she said it needed a root canal to save the tooth.
That cant be done on the NHS, only the nerve can be removed to stop the pain then it would need a privately done filling at £200 +  :shock:

She could remove it on the NHS or put a temporary filling in  :(

I settled for the temporary filling which has lasted very well so far.

This afternoon I received a phone call from a dentist about 3 miles away who asked if I was still on the waiting list for a NHS dentist. I told him I was and so I now have an appointment for monday  :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005, 07:04 »
There are no NHS dentists at all in our area.  Ours went private last July and we were lucky enough to get back in with him on a private plan at £9.50 a month which includes 2 free check-ups each year and reduced treatment charges.

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 08:13 »
I hadn't been to the dentist for 23 years (!!), when a few weeks ago, I thought I had lost a filling, so I went to the surgery most locals recommend, and asked to register, expecting to have to go private.  I was most surprised to find that most surgeries in this area are still accepting NHS patients, and in fact, one new surgery is actually advertising for them!  I got an appointment within 3 days, and then found that it wasn't a filling I had lost, but half a tooth!    After a most uncomfortable clean up, I was given the option of a normal filling, a crown, or a 'white' filling, which apparently lasts the longest, so I went for that one, which I got an appointment for the following week.  Total cost for cleaning and the filling - £82.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 12:13 »
Thats cheap Clive, was he a member of your sheep fancying group  :wink:

When my previous dentist, prior to the partnership ones splitting up, went private I was offered a dental plan for £22-50 per month  :shock:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 15:42 »
Quote from: "Sandra"
I was offered a dental plan for £22-50 per month  :shock:
:ouch:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum