Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing  (Read 7225 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Strictly Come Dancing
« on: December 04, 2005, 01:45 »
There's been no mention of Strictly Come Dancing on this forum (or any of the others that I browse).  Does this mean that I'm a saddo because I find it the most entertaining TV programme of the week?  Please tell me I'm not alone in enjoying Zoe Ball's tango and Darren Gough's foxtrot.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 02:02 »
Its not for me Gill.

I dont watch soaps, reality, game shows, X factor or anything that has a so called celebrity in it.

Doesnt leave me much to watch apart from a few films, documentaries, current affair programmes and the odd sitcom  :(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:04 »
I don't watch it Gill but Mrs Clive and I regularly go ballroom dancing.   :laugh:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 11:32 »
I'd really like to learn that sort of dancing.  My other half reckons we should have lessons after Christmas, but I doubt anything will come of it.  Still, it would be a good way to get some exercise and an excuse to forget about the traditional New Year diet.  I'd love to be able to tell my skinny friend, "No, dahling, we dancers are as fit and fiddles and need the additional calories.  So I think I might have another eclair."

:)

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 16:13 »
You may have difficulty in getting lessons Gill because apparently there is a shortage of ballroom dance teachers at the moment due to the resurgence in popularity.   :laugh:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 18:11 »
i'm supposed to be learning how to ballroom dance after xmas with some girl I know  - I hope she has metal capped feet!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 19:21 »
Since we don't live too far away, we might bump into you, Sam.
Literally!

Gill

Offline sam

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 20:14 »
indeed...!  :laugh: well if you see a hairy looking youngster who u would expect to be in a crowd of youths trying to dance then well you will have found me! :-) oh and i will probably be on the floor!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 21:10 »
You weren't so hairy last time I saw you Sam.  Shall we have a whip-round to pay for another haircut for you? :laugh:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 21:18 »
I don't usually watch this type of programme, but I have got into the X Factor, not because I particularly like any of the singers (although Brenda has the best voice I have ever heard on a woman) but because the rather childish rivalry between the judges, Cowell, Walsh and Mrs Osbourne has been hilarious.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 22:27 »
i always catch the first 20 mins whilst eating my dinner with my parents (well thats if I am in) and I'm glad I can eat quick and then be antisocial! :-)

Oh and Clive, the hair is still short (well not as it once was but still perfectly professional) - however I have this weird growth on my face that has shapped itself into a bit of a beard....
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 07:31 »
I've also experienced that Sam, but I find that purchasing a very inexpensive razor will usually solve the problem.  :laugh:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 08:42 »
lol, but in my case it is there on purpose... and a moderately expensive one keeps it in order!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 19:02 »
Is it to keep you warm in winter, Sam?  :roll:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Strictly Come Dancing
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 19:11 »
How could he possibly know Dave?  It's the first winter he's managed to grow one!  :bad:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum