Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Xbox360 cant see my PC,but I can connect to Xbox live ??  (Read 1528 times)

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

I have downloaded Media connect  its installed & Xbox does not show up on devices , I have reset the W/firewall as suggested which opens the ports required to access my PC I have also manually opened the same ports in Zone Alarm Pro ,short of reconfiguring the whole network I dont see what I can do ,any suggestions ?         Thanks in Advance .......Jim
p.s. would this have anything to do with my Nvida Graphics card which seems to have its own Firewall??

Offline sam

• Administrator
Xbox360 cant see my PC,but I can connect to Xbox live ??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 15:26 »
p.s. would this have anything to do with my Nvida Graphics card which seems to have its own Firewall??

does it???? I have never heard of that. Any ideas on model?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 19:18 »
Sam ,Its a firewall run by Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager ,do you think removing this program will help ....Jim

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 20:00 »
Well no my Pc can see my Xbox ,but the Xbox cannot see the PC ,I have tried it with my Firewall down of course I was not online & it still did not connect to my PC,I even removed the Access Manager as in my last post still no joy ,I think this a ploy to get you to install Microsoft Media Center !!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 20:21 »
Quote from: "Jim"
I have reset the W/firewall as suggested which opens the ports required to access my PC I have also manually opened the same ports in Zone Alarm Pro

Does this mean that you are using both Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm?  It's not usually a good idea to use two firewalls simultaneously, as they can interact badly, and cause problems.  Suggest you stick to one or the other.  Try turning off the Windows Firewall and see if you can fiddle with ZA to allow the X-Box.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 00:18 »
Hi ,Simon I think I have tried everthing now ,as to the windows fire it is disabled & in Zone Alarm I set allowances for TCP & UDP ports as suggested by Xbox .com ?media all to no avail I even tried to connect to Xbox /PC while the the phoneline was unplugged ,I disabled my antivirus programs as well ,I am beginning to think its a ploy to get me to buy Media Center . ....Jim

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 01:10 »
I dont really know anything about games machines and networking Jim, so please bear with me and start at the basics.

Are you connecting the Xbox via ethernet to your pc or through USB or through a router ?

Whats Media Connect ?

Does that install on your pc or on the Xbox or both ?

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 16:10 »
Through a Router ,Sandra

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 18:15 »
Ok have you disabled DMZ temporarily in the router to se if that allows it ?

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 02:14 »
Sandra, Tried that no joy ,seems a lot of people on Xbox forums are having the same problems

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum